The department of Environmental Studies has been funded with Department of Science & Technology - Fund for Improvement of S&T Infrastructure(DST – FIST- Level-I).
The department has four laboratories – Environmental Monitoring, Air Pollution Monitoring, Environmental Biotechnology and Earth Science and Research Laboratory. All the laboratories are well equipped with state – of – the – art infrastructure. Apart from the regular laboratory sessions, research work, consultancy is also being taken up by the department. The Environmental Monitoring Laboratory also contributes to societal benefit by taking up analysis of various water samples periodically and on request.
- Environmental Monitoring laboratory has substantially equipment for analysis of water and soil samples.
- Air pollution monitoring lab is bestowed with equipment for monitoring and collecting samples for both ambient air and stack emissions.
- Environmental Biotechnology Lab fosters the need for environmentally clean technologies including bioremediation, phytoremediation and air pollution modeling.
- Earth Science and Research Laboratory is one of its kind where all environmental geology and geochemistry related analysis are carried out for both basic research and advanced analysis using scanning electron microscope and Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer.
- Department library
In addition to the Central Library, the department also has its library for continuous access to students with over 600 textbooks, journal copies, reports etc.
Achievements of the department:
- Faculty is serving as expert members, committee member in National Level Committees constituted by MoEF&C, NAAC, DST and UGC.
- Faculty has visited various universities aboard to disseminate their research.
- Faculty is serving as Editorial members in various peer-reviewed International and National Journals.
- Alumni of the department are pursuing PDFand working in various strengths in research aboard.
- Students are selected for Summer Research Fellowships from Indian Academy of Sciences and are pursuing MOOCS, Swayam & NPTEL courses .
- Students are associated with various NGO’s in creating environmental awareness.
- Students are credited with publication of their research work in reputed, peer-reviewed National and International journals.
- ALUMNI from the department has raised to the level of key positions in reputed organizations such as CPCB, Hetero Drugs, DRDO, CSE, WIPRO, Tata Consultancy, Kakinada Sea Port, Synergies, IGIAT &many national and international environmental laboratories.