Infrastructure and Achievements
Well equipped Laboratories for both UG and PG programs: The department is with well equipped laboratories like Physics, Modern Physics, Optics, Nuclear Physics and Materials Science to cater the needs of all UG and PG programs of Physics. The laboratories for UG and PG programs were situated in Sir CV Raman Bhavan and S.S. Bhatnagar Building of the University.
The applied aspects of design aimed with M.Sc. Electronics science program with facile Advanced Embedded systems, Analog and Digital communication and Advanced Networking laboratories located in Sir C.V. Raman Bhavan.
The research laboratory, Center for Materials Research to carry out synthesis and physical characterization of materials in both bulk and nano form is at Central Research Lab situated at Pharmacy Bhavan.
The list of laboratories for UG and PG programs:
- Modern Physics Laboratory
- General Physics and Optics Laboratory
- Nuclear Physics Laboratory
- Electronic Communications Laboratory
- Networking Laboratory
- Embedded systems design Laboratory
The research Laboratory is equipped with instruments like:
- Dc electrical conductivity measurement setup
- Thermoelectric power measurement setup
- High energy planetary ball mill
- High temperature muffle furnaces (upto 15000C)
- High pressure Pelletizer (hydraulic press)
- Impedance analyzer
In addition the regular central library, the department has a library facility to cater the needs of the students ,in which total 713 volumes and 267 titles.