- Prof.M.Saratchandra Babu, M.Sc.,Ph.D.
Thank you for visiting the department of Chemistry's web site at the GITAM University. The department offers education in the chemical sciences that offers challenging and opportunities for graduate and postgraduate students.
Chemistry is truly the pivotal science encompassing the principles of inter disciplinary fields. The department of Chemistry is an expanding hub of research dedicated to explore theoretical and experimental understanding of chemistry from the fundamental level to advanced level.
- 1996– M.Sc. Applied Environmental Chemistry
- 2003– M.Sc. Organic Chemistry
- 2004- Established a separate PG Department in college of Science
- 2005– M.Sc. Analytical Chemistry
- 2007– M. Phil and Ph.D. Programmes
- 2010–Establishment of Nanotechnology laboratory
- 2013- Department identified & supported by DST under FIST program
- 2014- Five year Integrated M.Sc Chemistry sponsored by Laurus Labs
- 2016- M.Sc Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- 2016- B.Sc (Honrs) Chemistry sponsored by Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- 2016- B.Sc
Major areas of research
- SYNTHETIC ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
- ORGANISED ASSEMBLIES
- DEVELOPMENT and VALIDATIONA of ANALYTICAL TECHNIQUES
- ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY