- State of Art laboratory
- Department Library
State of art laboratory:
The Chemistry department has six state of art Laboratories. Organic Chemistry Laboratory, Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory and Nanotechnology Laboratory are housed in S.S. BhatnagarBhavan whereas Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry and Instrumentation Laboratory are housed in Sir C.V. Raman Bhavan.
The Labs are equipped with state of art instruments like Perkin Elmer FTIR, double beam UV-VIS spectrophotometer, X-ray diffractometer, particle analyzer, programmable ovens, polarogrph, Ion Meter, Rotary Evaporators , Flame Photometers, pHMeters, Potentiometers, Conductivity Meters, Spectrophotometers, Turbidity Meters, etc.
Faculty and students alike work in these laboratories in different frontiers of chemistry. Faculty conduct collaborative, interdisciplinary research with the potential to produce from new molecules to advanced innovative materials. They are also immersed in the pursuit of classic chemistry -- to examine the composition of substances &investigate their properties and reactions. The Department has a very strong commitment to developanalysis and research through state-of-the-art faculty.
- Analytical Chemistry Laboratory
- Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory
- Instrumentation Laboratory
- Organic Chemistry Laboratory
- Physical Chemistry Laboratory
- Nanotechnology Research Laboratory
- Energy Research Laboratory
- Powder X-ray diffractometer, PANalytical, Netherlands
- Nanoparticle Analyser, Horiba, Japan
- FT-IR, Perkin-Elmer
- High pressure Gas Adsorption system, BELESORB-HP, Japan
- Fluorescent spectrophotometer, Agilent
- Programmable Mechanical Convection Oven, Cole-Parmer, USA
- UV-Visible double beam Spectrophotometer, Perkin-Elmer
- Imaging Optical Microscope, Olympus, Japan
- pH Ion 340-I meter, Merck
- Microprocessor based pulse polarograph, Elico
- Microprocessor based flame photometer with auto ignition